DELICIOUS ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE
This is how I make my sauce and I think you will make yours after you try it.
3/4 pound lean ground beef (optional for meat sauce)
4 sweet sausage
1 chuck steak, 3/4 lb.
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 small onion (diced)
1 small can of tomato paste
Red Wine, 1/4 cup
5 (28oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup of fresh basil
How To Make It
- Preheat pot with some Olive Oil, add the steak and sausage cook till brown
- Remove the meat but leave all the goodness in the pan
- Toss in the garlic and onions and cook till translucent than add the tomato paste
- Add some wine and reduce
- Mix in one can at a time of crushed tomatoes
- After all cans have been added to the pot place the meat back in the pot and stir
- Let simmer for 2 hours and taste
- Add Salt/Basil/Pepper and Oregano and cook for 20 more min.
- Taste the sauce and adjust with more Salt/Basil/Pepper and Oregano if needed. The total cost is $27.61 and the breakdown is as follows: Olive Oil – .28; Sausage, sweet – $3.20; Chuck Steak, Ground – $4.00; Chuck Steak – $3.45; Garlic, minced – .30; Onion, diced – .30; Tomato Paste – $1.10; Red Wine – .64; Crushed Tomatoes – 10.00; Fresh Basil – $4.00; Salt -.02; Pepper- .02;
Oregano – .30
Tip 1: Add 3/4 pound lean ground beef to step 1 for a meat sauce
This is a great way to impress anyone with a Delicious Italian Tomato Sauce.